Microsoft has reminded customers that it will pull the life service and updates for Windows XP in May 2014. There will be no more new security updates, free or paid assisted support options or online technical content updates to help protect personal computers from harmful viruses, spyware and other malicious software.
If you still run Windows XP on your computer, you probably keep XP going with a good anti-virus package, but that will only protect you from known threats. AS Computer threats include viruses, worms, exploits, backdoors, password stealers, spyware and other variations of potentially unwanted software. What is more, if you are Small and medium-sized enterprises and consumers, you will face vulnerabilities and risks at business disruption and extra costs. So moving away from Windows XP to a more modern platform in Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 will ready for future technology solutions and growth of business. In a word, anyone still running it will be playing with fire.
Why more and more PC users replace Windows XP with Windows 7?
According to StatCounter released data, Windows 7′s market share has soared to 54.76%, serving as the most popular Windows OS. While Windows XP slipped to 21.59 percent, which collapse almost overnight. More and more people replace Windows XP to Windows 7. Except from the end of Microsoft support, there are lots of reasons for people get rid of Windows XP. In fact, most of them can be due to the disadvantage on Windows XP, compared with Windows 7.
Windows 7 is faster and more secured than Windows XP.
(2) User Account Control
In Windows XP, in its first form, it was hideous, assaulting users with endless popup warnings. While in Windows 7, it’s better than ever, and more configurable. That means you can tune it to give you as few or many warnings as you want.
(3) Windows XP Mode.
Through Windows XP Mode, you can use XP and get benefit from Windows 7. If you have Windows 7 on right version, you can have the best of both worlds.
(4) More applications
If you want that new 3-D shooter game or kick-butt utility, chances are it won’t work on XP. Upgrading to Windows 7 will give you access to all the cool stuff your neighbor has that you don’t. Meanwhile, windows 7 have better graphics and animations, and some new features while you can’t experience in Windows XP.
Windows XP is unfriendly for user while windows 7 have a very nice look and feel. Meanwhile, Graphical User Interface (GUI) components are good in win 7.
(6) User defined themes can be implemented in Windows 7 but in Windows XP themes cannot be created by the user.
(7) In windows 7 there is no necessity for the drivers to be installed but in Windows XP it is necessary to install drivers.
All in all, Windows 7 has lots of feature than Windows XP and most of the software which does not work in Windows XP will work in Windows 7.
How to Replace Windows XP to Windows 7?
For convenience, here I would like to give a detail guide on how to upgrade Windows XP to Windows 7 for you who are still Windows XP users. Visit: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/help/upgrading-from-windows-xp-to-windows-7
Is Windows XP password recovery the same as Windows 7 password recovery?
As the widely used on Windows 7, the security on it seems to be more and more important. Windows 7 login password shouldn’t be ignored. How to create, reset, remove or recover Windows 7 password, is of great importance. As it can help you to prevent others from peeping your data on your Win 7 computer. In other word, anyone can not access to your Windows 7 Os without a password. It is a good habit for you to safeguard your vital data on Windows 7. Unfortunately, most of us may forget Windows 7 password accidently. Did it mean a disaster for us?
For most Windows XP user, maybe they only familiar with Windows XP password recovery methods while have no idea when comes to Windows 7 password recovery. Though some operate is different between Windows XP and Windows 7, the principle is the same.
(1) If you have previously-created a password reset disk, then you can boot it to reset the lost Windows 7 password.
(2) Try to use another account that has administrator privileges to change the password.
(3) There is also a lot of password recovery software out there to either to remove, reset, or recover the Windows 7 password for accounts. As for free program, Ophcrack is the best choice. But without basic password cracking knowledge you may can’t get it to work. The recovery time mainly depends on the complexity of your passwords. In other words, if your password is too long or you are computer newbie, it doesn’t work at all. So you had better try the most powerful and easy-to-use windows password reset tool such as Windows Password Recovery Tool or Windows Password Key, etc.
(4) The last option would be to reinstall the computer operating system with the repair option or another operating system to access the computer.
At last, we’d love your thoughts on Windows XP or any problem on Windows 7 password recovery in the comments below.